Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bill Hicks

I'd like to share a few of my favorite Bill Hicks quotes with you.

"All we ever hear on the news is negative drug stories. Now I don't know about you, but I've had some killer times on drugs. I'm not condoning it, but I'm not denyin' it. Let's hear the story! Wouldn't it be cool if there was a positive news story on drugs? Just one? 'Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing it self subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.' "

"You know we armed Iraq. I wondered about that too, you know during the Persian Gulf war those intelligence reports that would come out: 'Iraq? Incredible weapons, incredible weapons.' How do you know that? 'Uh, well...we looked at the receipts.'"

"See, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do, and if you don't believe me do me a favor. Go home tonight, take all your tapes and all your records and all your CDs and burn them. Cuz you know what? The musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fuckin' high on drugs. The Beatles were so high, they even let Ringo sing a couple of songs."

"I love the Pope. I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks. You know he's got God on his side."


No comments:

Post a Comment